Monday, July 20, 2015

The Knight of Swords, by Michael Moorcock | Fantasy | SFReader.com Book Review

The Knight of Swords, by Michael Moorcock is a book that I actually have read before. Sometime during my early years of high school, I got my hands on it. In fact it was one of the first strings of books I read for pleasure and not because I had too for some school assignment.

I grew up with profound dyslexia. I had to attend special 'Learning Center' classes and was always years behind in writing and reading. What helped me overcome this limitation... well, Dungeons and Dragons. I loved the game and wanted to be as good a player as I could. So I figured one way to improve would be the read all the books Gary Gygax said helped influence his creation of the game. I started with Lord of the Rings (not an easy choice for a guy that can barely read). Then I moved on to Jack Vance. But then Elric filled my head with blood, chaos, and doom. I couldn't get enough, so I quickly moved on to another Eternal Champion series, Corum the Prince in the Scarlet Robe.

So when I received Titan's reprinting of these novels, part of me thought, I have read these before, I should focus more of this backlog of things I have not read. But then I thought, screw that, these books are beyond fantastic and it will give me an excuse to be able to enjoy them again. Boy, I like it when I make smart choices!

Read more at The Knight of Swords, by Michael Moorcock | Fantasy | SFReader.com Book Review

No comments:

Post a Comment