Monday, June 1, 2015

People Live Still in Cashtown Corners, by Tony Burgess | Horror | SFReader.com Book Review

Wow, can you say, 'not what I was expecting?' Not that you ever really know what to expect with a Chi-zine publication. This Canadian based publisher is till one of my favorites and I love everything I've read of theirs, but I have to admit this with was on the lower end of their normally excellent bell curve.

Although they do not spell it out for you, this book is written from the point of view of a man that just snaps and decides to start killing people. I'm not too into anti-hero serial killers, but I have to say that I was surprised when he made his first kill. I did not know what type of book I was reading, but I caught on quick.

I work in mental health and I would have to say the author does a good job outlining this man's psychosis. He takes you into the unbalanced world of the killer, although, I guess my problem is, I never wanted to go there. If you like exploring evil and insanity though, this book will probably grab you.

Read more at People Live Still in Cashtown Corners, by Tony Burgess | Horror | SFReader.com Book Review

No comments:

Post a Comment