Monday, May 25, 2015

The Future Falls – Book 3 of The Enchantment Emporium, by Tanya Huff | Dark Fantasy | SFReader.com Book Review

My TBR pile has reached ridiculous proportions -- and I'm trying to get on top of it. Really. But there are a handful of books that immediately jump the queue as soon as I can get my hands on them -- and this quirky, unusual series is one of them. I knew I was reading something special several pages into the first book, The Enchantment Emporium -- see my review here. And as far as I'm concerned, it just keeps getting better. I love the Gale family and their twisty machinations...

When Charlotte Gale's aunt warns their magical family of an approaching asteroid, they scramble to keep humanity from going the way of the dinosaurs. Although between Charlie's complicated relationship with sorcerer Jack, her cousin Allie's hormones, the Courts having way too much fun at the end of days, and Jack's sudden desire to sacrifice himself for the good of the many, Charlie's fairly certain that the asteroid is the least of her problems. This could have so easily been an adrenaline junkie's dream with constant action-packed pages of chases... scary magical confrontations ending in blood and gore -- and it would have still been an engrossing read. But the cool, ironic tone of the blurb nicely echoes the emotional tenor of the books.


Read more at The Future Falls – Book 3 of The Enchantment Emporium, by Tanya Huff | Dark Fantasy | SFReader.com Book Review

No comments:

Post a Comment